Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Poston Kids Experience...3D!

Ok folks.  Prepare yourself for...OUR FIRST REAL ADVENTURE! (Well, since blogging anyway...)

Today, since it's Josh's Sunday, we decided the kiddos could use a little "outting" after being cooped up in the house being sick all week, so...

We took them to their first movie!  This is something we've been contemplating for awhile, but haven't followed through with because we thought they were too young and wouldn't sit through it, BUT we decided to give it a shot today.  We found the perfect movie too.  Gnomeo and Juliet: 3D.  1) It's in 3D, of course that would hold their attention, and 2) it was only an hour and 20 minutes, so I figured that was just about perfect.

So we got our tickets and our special glasses, and they even had a toddler/kid version of the 3D glasses that were super tiny and super adorable LOL  Then we got them both their own little "kids box" thing that came with a really small popcorn, an ICEE, and a bag of fruit snacks.  We hauled all this crap into the theatre thinking it was 1pm on a Wednesday and a G rated movie so nobody else would be in there...wrong. LOL  It wasn't packed, but I didn't know how the kids would react and I didn't want them to disturb everyone else trying to watch the movie.  Then I realized there were NO other kids in there, so I figured, "Hey.  If you're an adult or teenager in a G rated movie theatre then you just better expect some kids to be a little rowdy."

We took seat near the front rail (which actually turned out to be a good thing), got the kids boosters, and got them settled in with their popcorn and mini glasses.  They looked adorable.  The previews started and then the movie and they kept saying a bunch of stuff they say during movies at home like "Here comes moomie!" very loudly LOL  They watched intently for like the first 30 min, which was awesome, and then Bro got fussy, so I took him in the hall and left Daddy and the big kids to watch.

In the hall Bro crawled around and explored, and at one point he went over near the big hall (about 4 ft away from me) so I could still see  him, but the people in the main hall couldn't see me.  I could hear a group of teenaged boys a a little ways down by the concession stand and one was on the phone.  After a few minutes of Brode sitting there staring at them the kid on the phone goes, "Dude.  There's just some random ass kid in the hall."  I just started cracking up.  I don't know why, but I thought that was freaking hilarious for some reason.  Like any decent parent would just leave their 10 month alone in the hallway of a movie theatre.  "Decent" being the key word.  This is why teens aren't usually parents. LOL

After that Brode came over to sit with me in the hall, had his bottle and fell asleep, so I went back into the theatre...to find...

Cooper and Chlo had spilt popcorn ALL OVER the theatre.  It was all over the floor under the rails and all under the chairs.  Oops.  I went back up to sit with them and the movie was almost over now.  Chlo had taken her shoes off LOL and they both kept saying "Hi Mommy!" and pointing out stuff about the movie to me and Josh.  When the end scene came up with all the funky music they were both dancing and have a big ol' time LOL.  Afterward they had the lights dimmed for quite a bit and I was hoping all the other people would leave in the dark so they wouldn't see they mess we made, but no, only half the people had left when the lights came up and we got our fair share of dirty looks on the way out.  When we left I could see the theatre cleaning guy just outside the door and we told him of the mess our little ones had made and apologized in advance.  He was very polite about it, but I'm sure he was thinking some not so pleasant thoughts on the inside...again...oops.

Overall it was a really fun experience and definitely something we'll be doing again.  They saw the preview for Rio and both loved it (Chloe LOVES birds), so I'm thinking that may be our next flick of choice.  I kept asking the big kids as we left if they had fun at the movies and they didn't answer, but then Coop says, "Mommy YOU have fun at movies?" LOL

Thanks for checking in ya'll.  You know I'll be back with more adventures!

P.S.  Cherise, I'm sure you'll read this and given your expertise with the cinema since your high school years as a theatre employee, I look forward to your take on young familes destroying the theatre :-) LOL

2 comments:

  1. LOL! It sounds like you guys had a blast!! I definitely wouldn't worry about making a mess... totally expected with kid movies. If they have busy children's movies they actually clean them by blowing everything up to the front with leaf blowers. It gets that bad! lol AND we always used to tell customers that had issues with loud kids in the kids' movies that we could give them a refund but we couldn't really do anything about it. Seeing as you went to a G-rated movie during the day and in the middle of the week... yeah, not a big deal. If the kids are good around a lot of other kids/people you might want to look into the summer movie camp program AMC offers. It's cheap and they show previously run kids' movies. All of the kids talk in those and all the parents understand it's going to be like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot fun!! Thanks girl!! And I'm glad to hear we didn't do anything too "wrong" LOL

    ReplyDelete