Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: In Progress...
Targets: Cooper and Chloe Poston
Okay people. Potty training is in full swing. The targets (Cooper and Chloe) have two potty options and several 'bottoms' options. Potty option number one is of course the training potty, now located in their bedroom in front of the TV (another wonderful way to utilize the TV) instead of the toy room, and potty option number two is "the big potty". For 'bottoms' choices they can either A) wear a diaper (which poses the issue of removing it in time to make it onto the potty), B) wear a Pull-Up, or as Chloe refers to hers as "Princess Pants" since hers have Disney Princesses on them (again poses the same problem as option A), C) wear underwear (a little easier to remove, but still has the same issue as A and B), or D) "GO NAKED" as the kids call it (this is the option of choice most days).
In observing the targets over the last few weeks it has become apparent that target Cooper is a little more prepared than target Chloe. Coop has taken to it really well surprisingly. He asks to "go naked" almost everyday and only wears a diaper to nap/sleep. He will pee in either potty, and up until now he has preferred to take a "dump" in "the big potty", which was great because believe it or not that kid can make quite a bit of poo for someone his size and it's a pretty tight squeeze to get it all in the training potty. Yes visualize that for me if you will. LOL Well, he's been going to the bathroom pretty much on his own all day. He'll go in and go pee in the training potty then bring it out to me and show me, then dump it in the toilet and he HAS to wash his hands of course (that's his favorite part). If he goes poo on the big potty then he comes to me and says, "Booper pooped. Please wipe my butt" VERY matter of factly LOL.
Anyway, we're now "down in the dumps" for a couple reasons. One, he now likes to take a "dump" in the training potty, and two, he no longer likes to "dump" it out, which of course leaves me discovering poop all day long. Oh and he doesn't like to tell me about it either. The other day I went to make their beds and thought, "Oh. It smells like poop in here". Searched the potty's and found Cooper's FULL of poo. I had to dump it out and then bleach the crap out of it (no pun intended). Then I find Coop to ask him if he took a poop because of course he still needs his butt wiped and I have no idea how long ago he pooped LOL
Chloe isn't quite as ready as Coop is. She is still doing pretty well, but is off and on with it. She kind of does what Cooper does. If she sees him going then she'll go. If she sees he's "going naked" then she wants to go naked, though she prefers to wear a diaper or princess pants most days. If she does go naked I have to keep a close eye on her because she'll have a couple accidents. But in the last few days she's picking up on it a little better. Don't know if it'll last LOL I felt so bad for her the other day though. She came into the living room with her potty in hand all excited to show me her pee and she was yelling "I do pee pee! I do pee pee!" Then she tripped on the tile area by the front door, fell, and spilled pee all over herself :( She started crying and saying, "Mommy I maka mess. I maka mess" I felt so bad that I just scooped her up into a giant hug even though she was soaking pee. I got her right into the bath tub and she calmed down right away since she loves the tubby. And just yesterday I heard the toilet flush so I went to see who it was. Well the "culprit" had already vacated the bathroom, but then I found Chloe's diaper on her floor and found Chloe by the changing table with two legs in the same hole of a pair of princess pants LOL She's becoming SO independant SO fast! Doesn't need me to put her to sleep anymore, doesn't need me to change her diaper anymore, doesn't even need me to help her put on her princess pants! What am I good for now?!
At least Bro still needs me LOL I know I said this in my last blog but he's SO close to walking. He talks at least one step a day on his now, but never more than one step. Oh and he knows how to give kisses. It's adorable. He just leans in toward with his mouth half open. That's his version of a kiss LOL It's so cute though because everytime I give him kisses I always say, "love you" right after, so everytime I ask him for a kiss, he'll lean in to kiss me and then he tries to mumble something afterward. I'm going to take that as an "I love you" LOL And I'm trying to teach him to blow kisses which he tried ONE time, but hasn't done it again yet.
Anyway, that's about it for my potty update. Thanks for checking in and be sure to stay tuned for more potty progess!
Oh my goodness.. I honestly love the potty stories because I can laugh at them... even though I KNOW I'll be doing it myself here soon.. it's funny to think about!! Haha Kids are too funny, he's probably getting embarassed about poo now haha Awweeee!! Good luck momma your doing good!!
ReplyDelete