Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Leave It to the "Busy" Beavers

Today the kids and I had a SUPER long day...

First things first, obviously moving stuff of course.  My mom and I loaded up the kids to take all the cleaning supplies and living essentials I bought over to the new place, and while we were there we measured all the windows for new blinds, and I do mean "we".  Cooper LOVES tools and one of his favorites is a tape measure so that was the highlight of his morning.

Then we took off to Home Depot and got everything we measured for including a 104" x 84" vertical blind for the kids' room that we had to "jimmy rig" through the car to get it home. THEN drove all the way back out to the house to drop everything off thinking we'd have time to unpack and sort through some stuff, but 'no', it was already almost time for cousin's Christian's birthday party, so that was next...

And the kiddos had a blast.  They don't get to play with other kids all too often, so that was exciting for them.  The played in the backyard and Chloe stepped in dog poo... (my life revolves around poo I swear.  Kid poo, mouse poo, dog poo... LOL)  Got that taken care of and things went pretty smoothly after that.  Chloe shoved back and forth with cousin McKenna for a spot right in front of Christian while he was opening presents, and Cooper just sneaked around back and stole one of Christian's new toys LOL  And poor Brodie is exhausted because he's never played so long in his life.  He LOVED all the kids and luckily they were all very nice to him and some even played with him too LOL  Oh and Coop and Chlo got to hit a pinata for the first time.  It was hilarious.  Cooper swung a couple times and went straight for the candy of course even though there were like 5 kids trying to take a turn after him.  And Chloe swung and missed a couple times and once she hit it she cheered for herself and gave up like, "Okay. I hit it.  That's it right?" LOL  So overall a good time :)

Now we're home, exhausted, and have to gear up for our big day TOMORROW.  I still feel completely overwhelmed with stuff to do, but as many have told me, I'll just take it one step a time.  Tomorrow we'll be staying the night in our new house, which brings me to my next set of worries....how will the kiddos take their first night in a different house? 

We've made it a very positive place to be thus far and every time we've gotten in the car this past week both the big kids ask if we're going to "the new house", AND Chloe even took a poo while we were there today.  I know you're all thinking A) this woman is obsessed with poop and B) what does Chloe pooping have anything to do with liking the new house?  Well, my kids only ever poop at "home" (my parent's house) because that's the only place they're comfortable.  Whenever we go places for the day, errands, shopping, etc. they NEVER poop while we're out and about.  Then of course when we get home all three of them take a crap within 30 minutes of arriving back at the house, SO the fact that Chloe was able to take a poo in the new house shows me that she's comfortable there. LOL  Next time...getting the poo into a TOILET and not a diaper...sigh.

I'll be tackling this with both Coop and Chlo hardcore in coming weeks and months, and I'm sure all of you are very anxious to read about "potty training", right?

Thanks for checking in everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck lady!! You guys are ON THE GO!!! good luck with potty training, let me know any tricks of the trade.. hopefully we will start when I get back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete