Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Movin' Out

As many of you know, Josh and I (and our little ones) have been living with my parents for over two years now.  At first this was a "temporary" move for financial reasons, but it has since become semi-permanent and we've gotten settled in.  We had even decided to finish the basement and move downstairs.

But...as I'm sure everyone's experienced at one point or another, things come up.  We've inched away at the basement piece by piece, but progress is slow and things just keep coming up.  Completing the basement quickly has placed a lot of stress on everyone in the house and everyone wants it done, especially now that we've added TWO children to our family since we moved in.  It's a little bit tight around here.  I know I for one need my space, so...

We're moving out!  Yep.  We've found a place to rent within our budget and still close to home and even closer to Josh's work.  We're renting a small trailer just south of Strasburg.  It's older and belonged to an older couple for quite awhile, so it was well kept.  It has three bedrooms (one being a master with attached bath) and two bathrooms, and is the perfect size for us.  It's big enough for our family, but small enough that I won't be spending 90% of my day cleaning.  Yay!

So we plan to move out this coming weekend, February 26th-27th, and we'll we on our own again!  It is of course a difficult seperation since we've grown so accustomed to being here and our kids have become so used to being with their grandparents all the time.  I know the kids will miss it here and my parents will miss them (and hopefully us too...LOL), but luckily we'll be VERY close and can visit often.

Don't know yet if this will be a permanent move out, or if we'll be back for the basement someday, but for now we're jumping in with both feet and we'll just have to see what the future holds!

Thanks for reading everybody!

1 comment: