Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Potty Project: Part I

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: Serious
Targets: Cooper and Chloe Poston

It's official:  We have begun serious potty training.  I took the tips the kids' peditrician gave us and we got to work.  1) We bought them matching potties (except one's blue and one's pink) and set them next to each other in the kids' room.  2) We created a "prize" bucket.  Stickers for trying and they get to pick a toy if the actually go. We started yesterday and...

It's working GREAT!  They both love it!  The fact that they have matching potties AND get prizes makes it really fun and exciting.  I think they almost look at it like a game LOL  Both Coop and Chloe went pee pee potty AT LEAST three times each yesterday!  I lost count actually LOL  AND the best part...the part we're most proud of them for...they BOTH went POO POO in their potties yesterday too!!!

Cooper had yet to go poo in the new house (remember my comfort story about Chlo), so we were getting a little concerned that he hadn't gone in like three days.  Well last night before bed Cooper told Daddy, "Booper try go poo poo potty?" and Josh said he went in there, sat down, pushed and grunted, and then all the sudden I heard massive cheering LOL  We couldn't believe it. Sorry if this sounds silly, but for us this is a BIG deal!

Now they still had a few accidents yesterday, but that's to be expected on day one of course.  I'm just glad they're having fun with it AND it's actually working.  It was the perfect time to start because being in the new house is completely new to them, so it's great time to start a new routine.  We've even started a new bedtime routine which is working out perfectly.  Brodie is sleeping in his own bed still and the kids are still sleeping in bed with us, but they're coming right to bed and falling right to sleep, instead of sitting with Josh in the living room chair for 1-2 hours watching TV first, which works great because half the time Josh would just end up sleeping with them in the chair half the night, and this way we all get to sleep together.  Every night we've been there they've slept through the night with the exception of Brodie of course.  He still wants his baba LOL

And last night was a little rough because they're both getting sick.  Cooper's all stuffed up and I'm pretty sure his throat was hurting during the night, and Chlo woke up with a fever.  Hopefully it's just a cold and they can get through it quickly.

Other than that, things are going great at the new place.  We're STILL getting settled in, but that's to be expected.  I'm actually on my way to get a washer from the Habitat Outlet Store with Coop in a few minutes.  We got our old washer and dryer to the new place after they'd been outside for a year and the washer had a dead mouse stuck in it...I think...(we could definitely smell something) so we got a used washer from the outlet store yesterday then went to use the washer and guess what?  It's not working either, so now I have to get one today and of course I have approx. 10 loads of laundry built up now...sigh.

Anyway, that's about all for now, but we better get moving so I can get home soon enough to DO all that laundry today. 

Thanks for checking in everyone!  I'll be back for more "Potty Project" updates AND more updates on our new place!

2 comments:

  1. YAH!!! Soooo exciting!!! And I know someone on facebook mentioned you should put the potty in the bathroom.. Umm I get where you are coming from on this one.. i've read a lot! It's best to have a potty "near by" since at the begining when kids are playing they don't want to stop to go, but if it's right there it makes it easier.. if you move the potty they will go where the potty goes, it's not like they are going to "think" that they have to go potty in that ONE spot!!! Sooo smart! We are gunna work on Graysen when we get back from our vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I was wondering if you would have issues being that Cooper is a boy and Chloe is a girl, so I'm glad you don't! I'm sure the fact that their potty training together helps a lot! So yay!

    ReplyDelete