This morning I'm keeping myself from tackling the giant disaster that is "all my stuff". Ugh.
We got the keys to our new place um....three days ago I think...and we've begun moving stuff little by little everyday since. We've essentially moved all our unnecessary items, like all our kitchen stuff that was still in boxes, and large furniture items we don't need to get by day to day. Everything's just kind of "sitting" around in our new place. Haven't unpacked anything yet.
But I did finish cleaning the kitchen cabinets and drawers and laying contact paper down. Wahoo! The first day I went to clean I found mouse droppings in some of the drawers (which of course got bleached the crap out of), but Coop asked what I was doing, so I told him I was cleaning the "mouse poop". Now he's running around saying, "There's a mouse in my new house." LOL I haven't seen one yet, but I guess we'll be getting mouse traps here very quickly LOL
Now we've got half our stuff in my parent's house and half our stuff in the new place. The big problem is all the stuff at my parent's house is EVERYWHERE right now. We have two rooms and a bathroom occupied, each half empty. I've got toys everywhere, papers everywhere, CLOTHES everywhere (Yeah. I've got to do laundry in the middle of this...LOL), and just a bunch of random stuff. I'm thinking I just need to grab several boxes and several garbage bags and hit up one room at a time.
Which is I guess is what I'm off to do. The kiddos are having their morning juice and cartoons, so let's see how much I can get done while they're "busy".
Well I know it's not much, but that's what we're up to this morning. Thanks for checking in and wish me luck!! :D
GOOD LUCK!!! You will get it done though.. one NICE thing with that kind of move is.. A you can take your time.. B if you forget anything just drive back over and pick it up haha! You don't have a date to be OUT of your parents :-) So don't stress lady!! Trashbags, laundry baskets and boxes is how I moved us once whatever you gotta do :-)
ReplyDeleteAt least you can leave stuff in your dressers and on hangers and just move it! Especially since its a short drive to move you don't have to actually "pack"... Oye good luck! Let me know if I can help.
ReplyDelete