Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: In progress...
Targets: Cooper and Chloe Poston
Up until "now" the training potties have resided in targets' bedroom. Last week, "mission control" (that's me) decided it was time to move the potties into the targets' bathroom. The targets' (hence forth referred to as "the kiddos") had been using the potties on a pretty regular basis and it was my opinion that they had become aquainted enough with said potties to move them to a new, more desirable location...
Mission control....was wrong...
LOL So I ended up moving the training seats into the bathroom the other day and I thought things were going well. As soon as I put them in there the kiddos were stoked and each used their potty right away. Of course they asked mommy to use the big potty (which I did LOL) and everyone clapped and was happy. Hoorah! Unkown to me, this success was short lived...
All day yesterday I assumed the kiddos where using their potties in the bathroom, until....I discovered one of their plastic toy flutes had unidentified brown material on the end of it...(suspensful music plays) Instead of doing the 'smart' thing and tossing it immediately, I did the 'mommy' thing and smelled it. I mean, who wants to get rid of perfectly good music making toys for no good reason right? Apparently there was good reason...it was poop, and I was now alerted to the fact that somewhere in my home is the source of said poop...
So I went on the hunt and guess where I located not only the poop, but also several pee spots on the carpet? Yeah. The kiddos' bedroom. The training seats were completely empty and they'd still been "going" in their bedroom.
In all honestly I think it was my little Chlo Bear. Cooper tends to use the real potty for pee and poop almost everytime he goes and quite frankly, since he's almost a whole year older, he's got a better grasp of potty training than our little princess does. She still does fairly well, but it seems to be a "hit or miss" type of deal with her. If I catch her at the right time and take her to the potty, she will use it, but apparently this time was a "miss". LOL And who can blame her? She's barely two. She'll come around in her own time :)
And really I have no way of knowing who done it, but it doesn't really make a difference either way. They're both still learning and clearly mommy rushed into the next step. So for now I've moved their potties back into their room and we'll give the bathroom move another shot in a little while.
On the UPside, we went into town for Cooper's three year check today (which went awesome by the way). He checked out perfect, was up to speed on all his milestones, and weighed in at whomping 32lbs! Yippee! But the BIG news is...he wore his big boy underwear all the way to town, the whole time we were there, and back too, accident free! He even told daddy when he had to use the restroom at the doc's office! We're so proud of him!
And Chlo Bear is doing excellent too! Her verbal skills have REALLY taken off and she's quite the little chatterbox now. She copies a lot of what Cooper says and sings (he hates that) and does, like wanting to not wear a diaper, which as you can see from above, gets a little messy LOL She's also had a MAJOR growth spurt over the winter. I just put their summer clothes into storage last September, so only 6 or so months ago, and when I pulled them out, she's outgrown EVERYTHING. Her summer dresses that had been down to her knees now look like shirts. And the shorts, forget about it LOL She also has two of her four 2 year old molars coming in, but suprisingly she hasn't been all too cranky which is great for mommy and daddy, and HER of course.
And last, but not least, little Brode Man is doing wonderful as well. He'll be ONE in less than a month and we're in process of planning his first birthday party! I personally can't wait because he needs a haircut TERRIBLY and daddy says we can't do it until he turns one, so let the countdown begin! LOL He also has teeth coming in. He has four right now, two top and two bottom, and one more next to his two bottom teeth is poking through, so I assume the other side is on it's way soon as well. He's still not walking walking, but he's up to about 3 or 4 steps at a time on his own. He's in that phase where he starts walking and then gets shocked like "OH! I'm really doing it!" and then freaks out and kneels down LOL Soon though. VERY soon :)
Well that's about it for today. Thanks for checkin' in, and we'll be back with more adventures and updates shortly!
Ohhhh my goodness haha! So I will be posting my own blogs about the "potty training" as well..and I love reading all of yours and it's giving me ideas.. so Question! Do you think putting the potty in an area they are used to like their bedroom as a good idea, and maybe helped more? My think it would help with the potty training as far as kids just don't like to stop playing for anything, and if it's RIGHT there... then maybe they'd use it more.. BUT when I read this one, it hit my only concern with it.. when do they realize that you should be going potty in the bathroom and not in the bedroom, living room ect...? Since you've done it I'd looooove your oppion on it, so message me! Sooo glad everything else is going great, and that is awesome that cooper is picking it up good. For a boy isn't 3 still a little early? haha I mean boys just don't usually care either way :-) And goooo brodie you can do it, you'll be having your momma run crazy in the matter of a month!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! I'll be excited to read your potty blog! And I'll message you with more details but I definitely think putting the training potty in a place they're comfortable with is the way to go. I just think the pick up on the bathroom part in their own time. And yes I think Coop is doing awesome for being 3 yrs old. I've heard boys are much harder than girls so hopefully you'll have it pretty easy :)
ReplyDelete