Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Potty Project: Part V (Clean Up On Aisle 11)

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: In progress...
Mission Targets: Cooper and Chloe Poston

Well folks, it's official.  We've had our first "out in public" accident. LOL  I took Coop with me to run my errands today.  He went to the potty before we left as usual, then went once at the library, then we went straight to the store.  He'd had nothing to drink, so I figured he wouldn't need to go until we got home. I wasn't even thinking about him needing to go potty actually.  I was too busy shopping for Easter basket supplies :)  Anyway,  we were in the baby aisle (ironically LOL) and I was picking out a sippy for Bro and I noticed Cooper just standing there staring at a jar of baby food.  It struck me as odd, but I didn't really think anything of it.  Next thing I hear...."Mommy.  I pee on my sandals."  Uh oh. LOL  I looked down and sure enough a puddle was forming in the middle of aisle 11.  Oops.  I made sure to tell him it was okay and be very calm so as not to embarrass him.  Luckily nobody was in the aisle with us, so there wasn't much cause for him to embarrassed anyway.  I told him I'd fix it, so I grabbed a thing off Pull-Ups, pulled one out, and proceeding to take off Cooper's sandals, shorts and underwear.  I got him down to a t-shirt and he says, "But mommy me nakey.  Me wanna get dressed." LMAO  At least he knows better than to get naked in private.  I probably could've taken him to the bathroom, but hey nobody was in the aisle and too be honest I was too flustered to think it through LOL  So I said, "Don't worry, mommy's gonna get you dressed" and I slapped the Pull-Up on him.  Then we headed up to the front of the store and I pulled the head clerk aside and said, "My son just had an accident on aisle 11.  I'm sorry" and of course she chuckled a littled and sent someone to clean it up.  On the way out we ran into the guy who mopped up and I appologized again and said, "Hey.  At least it wasn't barf. Or better yet number 2, but that would've been more MY problem than yours" LOL  It's all part of the process right? :)

In other potty news, Cooper is picking up on all sorts of "potty habits".  He's been mostly using the big potty in the kids' bathroom now and seeing as he doesn't tell me when he has to go I usually just follow him down the hall.  Once he realizes I'm there he pulls they "Hey.  You get outta here" and the "Please shut the door".  Some friends recently asked me where he gets that because as you all know, Josh and I are NOT private people what-so-ever.  Honestly I really don't know where it comes from and Mah-Ma (my mom) thinks it's just something inate in him.  Who knows? LOL  Typically I "shut the door" by pulling it mostly closed and leaving a crack to peek in on him, making sure he goes and what not.  Well, while peeking on him the other day I watched to make sure he peed then looked over to make sure he got his underwear up, but before he got his underwear up I see him grab hold of ALL the "goods" (for lack of better term LOL) and proceed to "shake it off".  I laughed out loud.  Apparently Daddy has taught him how to shake now. LMAO 

And in other news all together, all the kiddos are doing great.  Chloe is still using the potty off and on, here and there, but I know the more she sees big brother going the better she'll do.  One thing she IS an expert at is being a diva.  A couple days ago we were playing in the toy room and she say her big blue flower bow out of the corner of her eye and of course she just HAD to wear it, so she asked me for "pretty bow".  I put it on her of course then showered her the matching outfit, which is a summer one, so she's yet to wear it, but of course, she HAD to wear that too.  So I got her changed and she says, "So pretty!  Now me taka pickers (pictures)?"  Well, I NEVER pass up a pic opportunity so I grabbed my phone and said "Smile."  Swear.  That's all I said.  She looks at me and says, "I turn round" and starts striking all sorts of poses. LOL  Top model in the making!




And Brodacious is doing wonderfully as well. He's walking like a champ and is working on "talking" now as well.  He says, "ni-ni" (night night) when he's tired, and "buh buh" (bite bite) when we're feeding him, but not fast enough obviously LOL  And this week he said, 'no', 'hi', and 'yeah'.  And of course all the babbling too.  I also noticed yesterday he keep putting his finger in his mouth on one side and sticking it all the way toward the back. I just thought he was being silly, but Josh wanted to feel for new teeth and low and behold he's getting FIVE new teeth and already has one another tooth that broke through and I didn't even notice. In fact I was just telling a friend of my a few days ago that I didn't think Bro was getting anymore teeth right now LOL.  So now he has three on top (it was one of the teeth right next to his front two that came in) and the other side tooth is on it's way as well as all four incisors (the ones in the back, but not all the way back where the two year molars are).  He's been a champ considered all these teeth are about to pop through.

And speaking of "champs", the kiddos had their first ever sleep over with Mah-Ma and Papa this past weekend and they did awesome!  Daddy and I took off for a night on the town and the stayed over at our "old house" with grandma (papa had to work that night, but he was home in the morning).  I'm sure the fact that we had previously lived there for the last two years made it extra comfortable for them.  They played outside on the swings and see-saw, and played with all the animals, including the goats that are now roaming the land.  Cooper likes to yell at the dogs to "STAY AWAY FROM THOSE GOATS!" LOL Then they all got tubbies and went right to sleep for grandma. Yay!  In fact, when we went to pick them up Sunday they didn't want to leave LOL  We had to bribe them with cookies. Yum!  I'm sure they'll be having many more sleepovers and now that Papa is t done with night shifts he can be there for the night too :)

Well that got A LOT longer than I anticipated, but those are all the updates for now.  Thanks for checking in everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I haven't written anything I'm sorry but I have been reading! Cooper is soooo sweet! Poor thing! At least he didn't get too embarassed! You did WAY better then I would have done haha actually I don't even know WHAT I would have done!! Good job! haha You DO have a little diva on your hands look at her! Watch out momma she's going to be a HANDFUL! And YAH for brodie walkng and talking, that's the part I LOVED! Sounds like things are going great in our household, sooo good to hear..read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks momma :) It's always fun, as I'm sure you know. Sometimes crazy, but always fun.

    ReplyDelete