Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Potty Project: Part IV (Get Outta Here)

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: In progress...
Mission Targets: Cooper and Chloe Poston

This past week or so the targets have recovered well from the "bathroom move incident".  The potties are back in their bedrooms and are again in use.  Hooray!

Cooper is doing VERY well this week and has made a lot of progress.  He's taken a liking to standing up to pee LOL  He will stand at the big potty and lift the seat like daddy OR he'll stand over the training potty and aim in LOL  His new thing is wanting to go "in private".  I'll follow him to the bathroom to make sure he can get his underwear off or see if he needs help or anything, but he'll tell me "Get outta here" and "Please shut the door".  Cracks me up.  And the underwear.  He's starting to get used to them.  He's been wearing them more and more and is really getting the hang of pulling them on and off.  He's even started to refuse diapers.  We've been putting diapers on him before naps and at bedtime, but he's been telling us 'no' he doesn't want to wear one.  He doesn't like Pull Ups either so I've been waiting for him to fall asleep and then I'll sneak one on LOL  AND he's even "trying" to wipe his own butt.  A couple days ago I heard the toilet flush so I went in and he told me he pooped and he was wiping his butt with this tiny little piece of toilet paper LOL So of course I helped him out and got him cleaned up (luckily there wasn't much poo leftover), but I was really proud of him :)  We're even going out in public in underwear now.  I just have to keep asking him if he needs to go and if he hasn't gone while we're out I'll tell him that he has to hold it until we get home, which he will.  The other day we went to the store for groceries and he held it all the way home, so I told him we'd go as soon as we got him, but we started bringing in groceries and he started playing with Sis and Bro in the front yard and I didn't take him right away, so he had an accident on the front porch :(  Oops.

Overall though he's doing very well and now we just have to figure out the next step of potty training at night.  I'm not too worried about it since he JUST started training, but I think we'll start taking some of the next steps like cutting back night time sippies.  He doesn't really have many "accidents" at night, but I know if he woke up and we tried to stick him on the toilet he'd probably freak out.  We'll just take this final step nice and slow LOL

Chloe is doing pretty well also.  She's still young so we're just taking it easy with her.  I also notice that she pees WAY more frequently than Cooper and I don't know if that's just her or if it's just because she's younger and her bladder is smaller.  I think that's one benefit until waiting until they're a little older to potty training.  Their bladders are a little bigger and can hold more, so they're not going as often.  She's still wanting to go around nakey like brother on days that he is naked and she did have an accident on the kitchen floor yesterday.  Afterward though she went straight to the potty and finished peeing there without me telling too, so she's really starting to understand the concept :)  Then Cooper wanted to go potty to of course, since Sissy was going, so they both went and then Coop asked for underwear and so did Sis.  I put on her new Minnie Mouse underwears which are a size 4T because honestly, my daughter inherited my large behind, so she needs 4T underwear even though she's a 2T waist LOL She wore them for an hour or so and then had an accident, so we had to revert to diapers for the rest of the day, but again, that's okay.  I don't mind taking our time and waiting until she's ready.

And last, but not least, Bro may not be potty training, but he is WALKING!!!!  Yes, ladies and gentleman, our 11 month old is officially walking!  He finally picked it up and is cruising like a champ.  He's still crawling sometimes, but I'd say he's walking more than half the time.  He's still a little unsure and unsteady, but we're so proud of him!  It's also kind of bittersweet because as much as I wanted him to walk, now I have three kids all walking around upright and I feel like my little "baby" is all grown up.  I have three toddlers running around now.  No more baby.  But it's still exciting and he's also starting to develope his own little personality.  He's waving and clapping now, which is adorable.  He was clapping along to "Man in the Mirror" when we were watching Idol.  So cute!  And he's starting to be able to really PLAY with the big kids.  Last week they used Josh's old video game chair (which is no longer a video game chair since we've sold our video game equipment due to lack of time to play, which we of course do not mind at all LOL) to make a "fort" of sorts.  They had it turned upside down and were playing underneath it and using it as a slide from the top and a tunnell from the bottom, and even Bro was playing.  Then yesterday they the slid the futon mattress halfway off and make a "slide" off the futon, and to our surprise Brodie climbed up it!  He was ON the futon!  He seriously thought he was king of the castle.  Only problem is, now that he's learned to climb up, he can't figure out how to get down. LOL  So a few minutes later I heard him "crying" for my attention, so I went back in there and he was at the edge of the futon and reached his arms out to me to get him down LOL

Well that's it for this potty (and other) update.  Thanks for checking in everyone!  Be back soon with more potty talk, Easter, and Brodie's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment