Mission: Potty Training
Mission Status: Finalizing...
Mission Target: Cooper Poston
Mission Status: Finalizing...
Mission Target: Cooper Poston
(Targets have been to changed to just Cooper since target Chloe is not really potty training at this time LOL)
Oh the places he'll go...oh yes...
Cooper is no longer allowed to go nakey. Although he wears underwear the majority of the time now, he was going nakey today because his undies have caused a little chaffing on his toushy, but as I said, that is no longer allowed since he has developed a habit of "going" into things. Yes, things.
This morning I picked up a plastic cup (luckily disposable) off the floor and went to dump it in the sink, not really taking notice of what was inside, until I realized that it's contents felt warm...yes, warm. My mind immediately started racing to what I had given the kids to drink, but I knew I hadn't given them anything in a plastic cup, neither had I given them anything "warm". That's when it hit me...This could be pee, so I did want any real mother would do...smelled it. At that point it was confirmed...pee. Apparently my little darling, whilst running around nakey, had in fact stood up this cup and taken aim. Pretty good aim too I might add seeing as there was no pee on the floor next to the cup...
Then a little bit later I went to pick my tennis shoes up off the floor when I felt one was wet (cold luckily, but neverless the wet...ew) and after the cup incident I again went with my power of smell and deduced yet again this was pee, so I turned to Coop and asked, "Bub? Did you pee in mommy's shoe?" His response, "Yes. On purpose..." Oh boy...
So needless to say no more going nakey for that boy. It's too easy for him to just pick an object and take aim at it...
Otherwise, he's been doing great on the potty, except for the fact that when he poops he closes and locks the door which scares the crap out of me. Twice today I had to knock on the door to see what he was up too. Both times he informed me that was pooping so I tried to con him into opening the door by saying, "Well tell me when you're done and unlock the door so I can help you wipe" I should've known this wouldn't work...I got, "No. Me do it myself." Of course. And some people tell me that co-sleeping makes my children LESS independant than others. Yeah right. Proof right there. LOL
Anyway, as you can see Chlo Bear has been removed from the targets seeing as she isn't really potty training at this time. Josh and I decided that we'll just do what we did with Coop and wait until she turns 3 to really get her going, unless she randomly jumps into it in the meantime.
In other news (quite big news actually) we have moved back in with my parents. Yes our adventures on our own were short lived LOL We had planned to be on our own for at least 6 months, maybe even a year until the basement was completely finished, but we decided to head home a little early for a couple different reasons. One being my parents missed us of course (well I think they mostly missed the kids LOL), two we’ve again had more car troubles ($2000 worth of car troubles…) which was putting us in quite the hole financially, and three (most importantly) our lovely little “neighborhood” wasn’t so lovely after all. In one week we had glass broken across our back porch, and our house was egged AND paint balled… We caught one of the neighbor kids running around the corner after we heard the eggs hit, but she SWORE it wasn’t her (eye roll) and Josh went to talk to their mother who also swears it wasn’t her kids, even though she wasn’t even home at the time… And not to mention the extreme BB gun wars going on in our front and back yard by about 8 neighbor kids who almost hit Coop and Chloe, so my kids couldn’t even play outside because it was too dangerous…
Anyway we have moved into the part of the basement that IS finished and should be finishing at least the bathroom and possibly the kitchen this month. The kids have their toys and toddler beds upstairs for play and nap time since that’ll be easiest on me until we move completely downstairs. And luckily our landlord was VERY understanding which actually came as quite a shock to me and said if he can rent it out in the next month he’ll even give us our deposit back. Yay! We’ve gotten all of our stuff out of the trailer now, but we’re still getting settled back in at my parent’s house so we’ve been rather busy of course.
Anyway we have moved into the part of the basement that IS finished and should be finishing at least the bathroom and possibly the kitchen this month. The kids have their toys and toddler beds upstairs for play and nap time since that’ll be easiest on me until we move completely downstairs. And luckily our landlord was VERY understanding which actually came as quite a shock to me and said if he can rent it out in the next month he’ll even give us our deposit back. Yay! We’ve gotten all of our stuff out of the trailer now, but we’re still getting settled back in at my parent’s house so we’ve been rather busy of course.
Well that’s the news for now, so thanks for checking in! I’ll be sure to be back soon with more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment