Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Potty Project: Part VIII "Potty Princess"

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Target: Chloe Poston
Mission Status: IN PROGRESS...

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Chloe is officially potty training again.  Just as of today.  Actually, it was a bit of an accident (no pun intended)...

The big kids escaped outside first thing this morning wanting to play and ride bikes.  I kept checking on them of course and it seemed like everytime mom or I went out there they had lost another piece of clothing LOL  Cooper still had his diaper on from bed time, so he eventually took that off, and Chloe of course had her diaper on which she took of too, so eventually Cooper only a shirt on and Chloe was walking around butt naked, which was fine, but then they wanted to play in the goat pen, which of couse is filthly, full or dirt and hay, so mom came to tell me she was in there. I was going to get her a diaper, but Brodie was sleeping in his crib in the toy room which is where the diapers are and with as cranky as he's been there was no way I was going to risk waking him up, so I just grabbed a pair of Cooper boxer briefs to put on her thinking that'd she'd probably have an accident outside and I'd just clean her up.  Oh 'me' of little faith....

She played outside with Cooper and the goats for a good hour I'd say without an accident before coming downstairs to help work on our basement house.  Then she played down there for another hour or so again without an accident until she told me she's, "Ready to sit a bed" which is what she says when she's tired and ready for a nap.  Surprisingly Brodie was STILL sleeping (yes two or so hours later), so I still didn't have a diaper for her.  Well now that we have a working toilet downstairs I said, "Ok.  Let's go pee pee on the potty then you can sit a bed", so I took her to the potty and set her up there and....SHE PEED!  Yay!

Of course she can all sorts of cheers from mommy and Grammie and Papa and then she got her real reward; she got to go to bed.  This girl LOVES going to bed. Seriously LOL  Anyway, my plan was to eventually put a diaper on after she feel asleep, but I decided to wing it and just leave her alone.  I didn't want to wake her, so I thought I'd just keep a sharp ear out for when she woke and make sure to get her out of the bed right away before she peed.

Which is what I did.  We all decided to go to lunch, so I kept checking on her ever few minutes to see if she was awake yet, and when she was a went over to her and told her not to pee pee in her princess pants (that's what I call her underwear) and asked her if she wanted to go on the potty and she said she did, so....we went potty AGAIN.  Twice in one day!

After that I got her dressed for lunch, but she insisted on wearing her princess pants and not a diaper so I got her a pair of her Minnie Mouse underwear which she wore to lunch.  She drank her whole cup of chocolate milk so about 10 minutes later I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said she did, so she went at the restaurant!  Yes, she went potty in PUBLIC!  After that we got back to the table and about 10 minutes later she started getting really cranky and seemed uncomfortable. I didn't know what was wrong, but she eventually said, "Me pee pee princess pants", so I thought she'd had an accident, but when I picked her up she was still dry, so I took her back to the bathroom and she peed AGAIN.  She was acting uncomfortable because she didn't want to pee in her pants, so now I know how to tell when she has to pee :)

After that we went to the dollar store and then headed home and I put her on the potty again as soon as we got here and she went AGAIN, so she's used the potty all day long today.  Up until I didn't really think she was ready, but I guess I needed to have a little more faith in her and just jump in feet first. 

Now that Cooper is pretty much potty trained and needs less and less "attention" potty wise, I can focus more energy on Chloe and making sure I take her to the potty and ask her if she has to go, etc. so hopefully from now on she'll just do better and better and better.

Well that's it for this potty update. Just had to share how extremely proud I am of our little princess! Thanks for checking in and I'll be back with more potty updates as they come.

1 comment: