Monday, August 29, 2011
The Potty Project: "Potty Princess" Part VIII
Mission: Potty Training
Mission Target: Chloe Poston
Mission Status: BACK IN BUSINESS!
Giving up on potty training was the best thing we could've done because apparently our little diva princess had plans of her own...
So as you all know, approximately 2-3 weeks ago we decided to take a break from potty training Chloe. We'd pushed hard for about 6 weeks with NO interest from her whatsoever, so we decided to stop for now and go back to it in a couple months. Well, a few days ago, approximately 2 weeks since we'd last said or done ANYTHING involving potty training, Chloe came up to me and said, "My go pee pee." She's never told me she had a wet/dirty diaper before so I was surprised at this, but thought she meant she wet her diaper so I clarified, "You peed in your diaper?" and she said, "No. My go pee in potty." I reached down to check her diaper and sure enough it was still dry, so I asked, "You need to go pee in the potty??" and she said, "YEAH!" and headed for the bathroom, ON HER OWN. She took her own diaper off and asked for the potty set which I put on the toilet and helped her up and she peed! I was in shock. She just progressed like 3 steps in a matter of minutes. She'd never told me when she needed to pee, she'd never gone to the bathroom on her own accord, and she'd never taken off her own diaper or underwear to go pee. Like I said, I was shocked, but it was just one day, one time, so I decided it was a fluke thing and maybe meant we could resume potty training sooner than expected...
So a couple days go by and it's now been two days since the initial "incident" and we're getting ready to go meet grandma for lunch when she does it AGAIN. The entire thing all over again. Tells me she has to pee, goes to the bathroom, takes her diaper off, I set her on the toilet, and she peed! I was shocked AGAIN! I was so freaking excited and I told her, "Chloe! Mommy's SO proud of you!" and she says all nonchalantly, "Thanks" and walks out LOL
So we leave and go into town to meet grandma at her work and we're standing at the car fixing to head to the restaurant and she says, "Mommy! My go pee pee potty!" so I run back inside and take her to the bathroom, but she'd already started to go in her diaper, which was okay, because at least she recognized that she was starting to pee her pants. Then she asked to again at the restaurant and I took her in their and heard some farts, but I think she was too uncomfortable to go. She ended up pooping her diaper like 5 minutes later, but at least she realized she had to poop and she even tried to go. Then she asked to pee again when we got home and peed on the potty at home.
I was just so freakin' proud of her! I couldn't believe it! This whole time we tried and tried and tried, pushed and pushed and pushed, but she wanted to do it ON HER OWN. She didn't want to be told what to do. Stinkin' little diva. She knew exactly what she was supposed to do and exactly what we wanted her to do, she just didn't want to listen. She wanted to take matters into her own hands. Cracks me up!
So it's been like this for a couple days that she's been randomly asking to go pee on the potty and she's been going. We haven't forced it all. We've just been letting her ask in her own time. She has fallen in love with the potty seat (the little cushion ring you put over the top of a regular toilet to make the opening toddler sized) and today I helped her get up and use it earlier in the afternoon. Well I had taken the ring off, but when I went in there to pee an hour or so later, the ring was back on... Cooper doesn't use the ring anymore and Brodie was sleeping, so I know he wasn't playing with it, plus there was pee in the toilet, so I'm like, "Hm....Chloe?" and I go to ask her. As soon as I walk up to her she says, "My go pee in potty. My use da seat!" I just started cracking up and again told her how proud I was! Then I wanted to know exactly what she was doing so I kept an eye on her for a bit and sure enough she walked into the bathroom by herself! I peeked in the door and the little booger is using the side of the bathtub to climb up onto the toilet and goes! I was just amazed!
So I got the stool out of the kitchen to put in front of the toilet for her, and I went in there with her, again to tell her how proud I was, and she kept getting up and down off the toilet and telling me she wasn't done, so I kept waiting with her and I heard her fart a couple times, but she'd get right down. I knew she had to poop, but was just nervous. Then finally she went in there one last time, hoped up there, said, "My go poo poo" and dropped like four turds into the bowl, then hoped right back down. LOL
I am seriously so proud of her! Not only for going potty, but for having such an adorable, vibrant, strong little personality to want to do it all by herself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it! She just needed to do it all on her own! No help needed! lol Well at least for future, future reference you know she's not going to do anything she doesn't want to do, right? LOL Way to go Chloe!
ReplyDeleteOMG she's so cute! And that just sounds like just how she'd do it! Way to go Chloe!!
ReplyDelete