So we made our first attempt at moving Brodie into a toddler bed today and it was a complete bust. Well maybe not a "complete" bust, but a bust none the less.
I first put him down for his first nap (he usually takes two still) at about 10am. I laid him in the bed with his baba and put Gnomeo and Juliet on (he likes a little "background" noise). I left and didn't hear a peep from him for like 30 minutes so I decide to check on him. Awake. LOL He was still in the bed though which I thought was pretty good, but he had pooped, so I figured that was probably what kept him from going to sleep. Of course he climbed down as soon as he heard the door open, so I brought him upstairs, let him play some more, fed him some lunch, then gave all the kids a bath.
After his bath I made another attempt at a nap at about 12:30pm. I again laid him down with a baba and left his movie on for him. He laid right down without a problem and appeared to be getting cozy. Not another peep for 30 minutes so I went to check on him again...awake. LOL This time he'd gotten out of bed and was playing with Handy Manny tools, so again I brought him BACK upstairs and let him play some more.
About 2:30pm I gave him a snack, then brought him downstairs to try yet again. Again 30 minutes passed, went to check...awake, and had pooped again. What the heck? So at this point I've given up on a nap for him. He doesn't seem cranky at all, so hey, I'm just going to let him play...
About 5pm rolls around he Daddy finds him asleep on the guest bed LOL, so we bring him downstairs again. He wakes up a little, but looks as if he's going to go back to sleep...nope. Ten minutes later I hear him at the bottom of the stairs with poop AGAIN. Now I'm thinking he has to have some sort of stomach bug because that's too much pooping.
He's been awake the rest of the night, had one more poop (now diarrhea), and we tried to put him in bed AGAIN about 8:15pm, but yet again he was still awake when we checked on him, so I guess we'll have to put the crib back and forget the toddler bed for now LOL I don't know if it was just a "bad day" to start with all the pooping and what not, but he's only 15 months so we'll try again sooner or later.
He's definitely attached to his crib though. He loves going to bed (nigh nigh) and loves playing in it and will just stay in there and play or watch morning cartoons with the big kids no problem. It's funny because Josh actually pointed out each of their "security blankets". Cooper's was the pacifier (his ninny) that he had til he was 2, Chloe's was the bottle (just finally broke her of it earlier this year), and Brodie's is apparently his crib. LOL
Anyway, here's little man in the big boy bed :)

No comments:
Post a Comment