Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hit or Miss

The kids had another t-ball game tonight and they took their team pictures.  We've learned that t-ball really is "hit or miss".  The first week they both did great.  They weren't quite sure what they were supposed to do, but since they were unsure they paid pretty close attention.  Week 2 was a little rough and they were kind of all over the place....running off, not paying attention, etc.  Week 3 was rained out and week 4 was a complete bust.  As some of you may have read, I totally goofed up.  Pictures were at 4:45pm and we were running late.  We showed up right at 4:45pm to an almost empty park.  Nobody was there.  Thank goodness for our smart phones because I was able to log in to my AOL account and read the email that I should have read hours ago, saying pictures were rescheduled to next week.  Then I went back to the initial email from the coach which said the 24th was our "bye" week.  *smacks forehead*  Oh well.  So we went to play at the park for a bit and then called it a night.  Their week 3 game was rescheduled for last Monday and poor Cooper fell asleep literally five minutes before we had to leave the house.  We loaded him into the car and he stayed asleep all the way to the park.  He had no interest in playing and Josh and I took turns holding him/playing with Chloe, while mom and dad chased Brodie (who really, really wanted to play t-ball too HeHe)

So tonight, week 5, went fairly well.  We were actually on time which was good, but I had lost my picture order form, so I had no idea how much pics would cost, plus I also lost my checkbook...I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in our car (under the seat etc.) but I can't find it for the life of me.  I got an extra form from the lady and upon reading it I realized they were taking ACTUAL sports pictures.  I thought they were just taking a little team photo and that was all, but they were doing individual pics as well and the lady was posing the kids with their gloves and all.  Well Cooper had JUST fallen asleep once again in the truck and wanted nothing to do with pics.  That kid is just like his daddy when it comes to being tired, sleeping, and getting woke up; he's a total crank pot for sure! Who can blame him?  I'd be mad too if I just dozed off for a nap and got woke up and then was forced into taking pics. LOL  We tried some of the two them together which was a no go, then we got some cute ones of Chloe by herself, and finally got Cooper to at least sit there with Josh, but he still wanted nothing to do with smiling or posing.  We promised him if he sat for the pic he could leave with Josh to go to the ATM to get cash for the order form.  Well me being in my frazzled mother state chasing Brodie and and trying to keep Chloe from standing in the way of other kids' pictures...I totally spaced the team pic, so Josh took of with Cooper and a few minutes later they were lining kids up for the team pic.  They took like 10-15 shots of the team and Cooper wasn't in them :(  Coop and Josh got back just as we were finishing up the team pic and the coach's wife (who was also one of the women who did both of Cooper's speech evals, so we know her) insisted that we do more with Cooper, which I was extremely grateful for because I didn't want to speak up and sound like a bother when it was MY fault my kid wasn't in it, so I was happy she said something for me.  Thankfully all the kids and parents were super cooperative and sat down again for more pics.  It actually turned out good because all the kids did better overall for the second set of pics, so I didn't fell AS bad as I did at first.

After the pics the kids did GREAT!  The best they've ever done at a game.  Chloe HATES running (she's like her momma LOL), but she was trying her hardest.  They both got to "catch" a ball and bring it to the tee, and Cooper smacked one way "out of the park".  He really got ahold of it for the first time!  Unfortunately I was trying to get Chloe back on to second base, so I missedit, but I heard the cheering and Josh told me he got it good, so I was excited for him.  Cooper did the best he's ever done as far as really PLAYING the game and running the bases and really he just started to get the hang of it.  They have two more games: one more regular game at the park and then the last game of the season will be at the baseball diamond and they'll get a trophy and a snow cone.

Here are pics from today:

Before the game.  Waitin' on the other team.
After game snack :)


Push Pop!

Brodie demands a Push Pop!


Everything else is going pretty well.  The kids are finally healthy.  They all finished their antibiotics, but we had a small scare with Chloe when she developed an awful rash.  It started as what looked like bite on her tummy, then they next day the "bite" looked like a welt and there were more "bites", then by that night it was all over her tummy, thighs, and in her armpits.  We gave her Benadryl and tried Benadryl cream on her rash, but it was still there the next morning and had gotten even worse by that afternoon.


Rash...Day 2

So of course I took her to the doctor.  The doctor said it could either be from her just having that cold virus or she MAY be allergic to amoxicillin, but seeing as she's taken it before without a problem, it was most likely from the illness.  The doc also said these types of rashes are worst during the second and third day and that it should begin to clear up, which it did the very next day.  I probably over reacted just a tiny bit by rushing her to the doc, but it just spread and got worse so quickly, I didn't know what to do.  Isn't that how it always works though?  The minute you rush 'em in is the minute they start to feel better. LOL  Who cares though right? As long as they get better that's all that matters.


Also, we just got our pool put up last night/today so Josh and the kiddos got to take their first dip of the summer :)


Daddy and Bambinos (Yes, the kids are naked.  I'm not lying when I say they're always naked. LOL)

Chillaxin' in the float

Laughing at Grandma :)

Having his "baba" in the pool :)

Well I guess that's it for now.  As always, thanks for checkin' in with us!

1 comment:

  1. Teeball sounds like so much fun! Wish I could go cheer the lil ones on!!! And glad the babies are feeling better, and that rash, I would have done the SAME thing! haha And of course we always go at the worst and they are just like.. oh it will be better by tomorrow it's just at it's worst right now bahahhaha of course! Sounds like you guys are having a busy/fun summer!!! YAH!!

    ReplyDelete