Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Potty Project-"Potty Princess" Part V

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Target: Chloe Poston
Mission Status: In Progress...

Things are going fairly well with PTing this week.  We've only had two more poop "hits" since the initial poop in the potty and we've had several poop "misses" as well.  Chloe poops quite a bit (always has) so it's hard to catch her every time.  Plus it doesn't seem to bother her to poop in the Pull Ups, so that's a little difficult to get past.

The first poop "miss" was the next day after she had pooped in the potty.  She had pooped in the Pull Up so I laid her on the bed to change her.  I took it off and started my usual "speech".  Now mind you, I never want to make her feel ashamed or embarrassed, but I still want to "teach" her as we go, so I say these things as nice as possible in my "teacher" voice, not my "you're in trouble" voice. Anyway, I said, "Uh oh.  You pooped in your Princess Pants.  Where are you supposed to poop?" I waited for her to say, "In the potty", but Cooper broke in... Let me preempt this by saying that Cooper has gotten into this "disciplinary" phase.  He thinks he's "in charge" of the two younger kids and often tries to reprimand them, so...He says to Chloe, "You pooped in your pants!  You posed to poop in the POTTY! You pooped you pants!  Now you not a big girl anymore!  You go sit a corner til you poop in the potty!" 

Now again, we do not use "the corner" as a punishment for poop or pee accidents.  We have no punishment at all really, but we do use "the corner" for other things, like hitting, so apparently Cooper thought "the corner" would be the appropriate punishment for Chloe. LOL I think he thinks "the corner" is an appropriate punishment for everything though.  This is off the PTing topic, but Brodie has now learned how to climb up the kitchen chairs and onto the kitchen table.  He thinks it's a game. Well he got up there the other day and we took him down, then Cooper started "disciplining" him and walked him over to the corner. LOL  Of course, Brodie walked right out, but it was still funny.  Although it IS cute, Cooper's disciplinary days will soon come to an end.  Josh had to tell him today, "Thank you Cooper, but Daddy can handle it" LOL

So, back to PTing, on a good note, we haven't had ANY pee accidents (aside from waking up from one nap and one morning wet).  She's using the potty every time we set her on there which is great, and she even peed in the potty at King Soopers!  First public potty for her!  We were all shopping and Daddy had to go so he took Chloe and Cooper with him. Brodie and I messed around looking at herbal supplements and Daddy came out and told me she went!  I was super excited, not only for her, but because Josh got to be a part of a milestone for her.  He was at work when she had her first "poop in the potty" and I know he hates when he misses stuff like that.  I know pooping in the toilet isn't quite as big as "first words" or walking or anything, but it IS a big deal for us parents.

Oh!  And I found a size 4T-5T generic brand "Pull Up" to fit her bulky butt.  I bought a 44 pack, but the only problem I've noticed with them is they're white like a diaper.  They DO have designs on them and the little fading flower, but for a two and half year old, they still look like a diaper.  At least the Pull-Up brand was BRIGHT pink with the Disney Princesses on them so she was able to understand that those were her "Princess Pants" and they were different than a diaper so that kept her from peeing in them.  Although we haven't had any accidents in the new "Princess Pants", I still don't like that they look so much like a diaper.  She even said, "This my Princess diaper??" so she knows the difference.  We MAY just have to go back to the Pull Up brand...

Pull-Ups brand


Comforts brand (front and back)

Comforts brand training pants vs. Huggies diaper

Although she's doing well, the only thing I worry about is that she seems to have no interest in taking herself to the potty just yet, but just because she's not onto the next step YET, doesn't mean she's not ready to be potty trained, so as long as she's not resisting the potty, we're going to just keep it up :)

Anyway, that's the potty update for now.  Thanks for checking in everyone!

1 comment: