Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kid Quotes (# 18) "Pop Quiz"

So we're sitting around the dinner table; me, Josh, Grandma, Papa, Cooper and Chloe (Bro was already in bed) and we'd just finished eating and Josh asks me to bake off some cinnamon rolls. Of course I agree to do so and Grandma says to the kids, "Mommy's making cinnamon rolls!  Mommy's THE MAN!"  After which Cooper looks at me quizzically and asks, "Mommy you man?"  We all chuckle a bit so Grandma asks Cooper, "Is mommy a man or a woman?"  He looks confused, so she asks, "Is mommy a boy or a girl?"  Now of course he's old enough to know the difference between a boy and a girl and 99.9% of the time "labels" people correctly, so he says, "A girl".  At this point it's just cute to watch them answer, so we work our way around the table and let him answer...

"Is Papa a boy or a girl?"
"Boy."

"Is Daddy a boy or a girl?"
"Boy."

"Is Grandma a boy or a girl?"
"Girl."

Then Papa says, "WHY is Grandma a girl?"

Cooper looks at Grandma and responds very matter of fact, "Because your name's Grandma."

I know these little "conversations" can sound kind of silly to some, but A) I think it's good to get their little minds cranking even with silly little things, and B) it's just hilarious to hear what they come up with sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Cute!

    Hey no fill it in Friday today? I've been stealing them :)

    ReplyDelete