Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Potty Project-"Potty Princess" Part II

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Target: Chloe Poston
Mission Status: In progress...

Ok so I'm starting a new set of Potty Project blogs, specifically "Potty Princess", for Chloe's training (I'm calling it Part II because technically I already did one "Potty Princess" already).  Like I said in yesterday's Kid Quotes, I've got new drive to try to potty train Chloe again after reading a friend's blog who is trying to potty train her daughter (Thanks again Amanda for that little push!).  It's been about 6 months since our very first try potty training Chloe so of course she's grown a lot physically and mentally since then, so I figured why not give it a shot once again.  A real shot, not just "let's just see what happens", but really working with her and trying to get her toilet trained.

Yesterday was her first day and I'm still debating the best way to go about things. I don't want to let her go nakey all day because last time we tried this she just peed on the floor.  She's okay nakey for a little bit at a time, but not all day. Again, she's older now and her bladder is bigger and can hold more, so I don't know if she'd still do that now, but I'd rather not chance it.  See with Cooper it was easy for him to go nakey because if he started to pee I could easily see it.  He'd usually stand there and stick his hips forward, so I could usually nab him up before he even started peeing.  Now with Chloe, since she's a girl obviously, if she starts peeing it just runs down her leg and makes a puddle underneath and I don't even notice until I either see or find the puddle, so yeah, don't really want to try that if I can avoid it. 

So that leaves us with either underwear or Pull Ups.  She wore underwear yesterday and today and had no "pee pee" accidents.  She did have a poop accident in her underwear this morning.  Luckily it was a hard poop and I think it was actually a good thing because when I went into the room she was standing completely still with her legs apart and didn't want to move so I could tell it was really uncomfortable for her to have poop in her underwear, which she might remember next time she goes to poop.  We did dump it into the toilet together and discussed that poop goes in the toilet.  Although it was probably a good learning experience, this brought me to the conclusion that Pull-Ups will work best at this point.  The still pull up and down like underwear, but in case of an accident, it's easier to clean up.  Plus the brand name ones have Disney Princesses on them which she LOVES, so I've taken to telling her that if she keeps her Princess Pants dry then she gets to keep them, but if they get wet them we have to throw them away, which I think is working well because she's used the potty three times just since I brought home the Pull Ups today.

She has yet to tell me that she has to go, so we're at the stage where I'm just talking her to the potty every so often and waiting until she goes which is working out great because even if she doesn't have to go she will sit there for awhile and "try".

Anyway, she's doing well and seems to be getting a little more excited about it now, so all I need to do is keep up with it and see how she does :)

1 comment:

  1. :-/ It's about that time with Tyler too. He'll sit on the potty, but only for a bit and he doesn't do anything...I not sure he's "ready" yet. Good for you AND Miss Chloe!

    ReplyDelete