Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Proud SAHM
I don't know if you guys remember my blog about the intrusive comments/guestions I (and I'm sure other mothers) sometimes recieve regarding being a Stay-At-Home Mom (SAHM), but yesterday I was once again asked if I'm working yet, (If I could make an eye roll in my blog it would go right here...) to which my response was, "No I'm not employed, but yes, I work everyday."
Here's a news flash for anyone who doesn't know. I am not employed. I am not looking for employment. I do not plan on becoming employed anytime in the near future...
But...I DO have a job and very important one in my opinion. Just like my blog headline says...
"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love."
-Mildred B. Vermont
I have a wonderful job that I thoroughly enjoy (most days... :) ) and for my family this is the best "job" for me to have right now.
There are all kinds of mothers. Stay-at-home mothers, working mothers, working mothers who have two jobs, mothers trying to finish high school, mothers in college, working mothers in college, single moms, single working moms, single working moms in college...and I'm sure I missed quite a few, but there are all kinds of moms, all doing whatever they can to support their family in the best way possible.
The main thing for me is to be the best mom I can be in the best way I know how in whatever way works best for MY children and MY family. That's what's important. Not only for me, but for all mothers really.
So once again, being a stay-at-home mom is not only what I enjoy, but it's what is best for my family right now. Come see me again once our little ones are in school and we'll talk :-P
End vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That kind of ignorance drives me nuts! I get it as a working mom, when people make an issue of how little time I get to spend with my son during the work week. You just can't win, whatever you do will be criticized by someone.
ReplyDelete