Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

"Fill It In Friday" # 2


This ought to be interesting...I'm really not a fan of summer... o_O

1.  My plans for the summer include     taking care of my kiddos, doing house work and chores, hopefully getting to the park on days it's not too hot, maybe taking the kids to Water World at some point, taking the kids to the fountains at Southlands (it's become a little tradition for the Postons now :) ), swimming, hanging out outside (although I don't necessarily like being outdoors, but my kids LOVE it so I have to suck it up HeHe), oh, and the many fun festivities associated with my friend Krysti's wedding!


2.  The best summer I ever had was    probably the summer after my junior year/before my senior year.  Spent the entire summer partying, hot tubbing, swimming, drinking, playing rummy (sp), and hanging out with my brother and Audrey.  We had a blast the entire summer.


3.  Summer is     HOT.  Which I love and hate.  I'm always cold.  Always.  So summer is great because when I'm freezing my ass off in the house I can just step outside into the hot sun for 5 minutes and warm right up. BUT I also hate it because it makes going to park or doing other outdoor activities a bit of a struggle with the kids.  They get too hot and cranky and it's no fun sometimes. :( 


4.  My favorite summer food is  either watermelon or baked beans.  Good baked beans though, like with bacon!  Yummy!


5.  The best way to quench a summer thirst is with    iced tea.  Love iced tea. No lemon though. Oh and unsweetened.  Can't stand sweet tea.  They gave me sweet tea in the McDonald's drive thru once and I was royaly ticked off. Grr.


6.  My summer uniform consists of    t-shirts and my husbands gym/workout shorts. I steal them all the time. <3 that man.


7.  The best thing about summer is     the ease of dressing my children.  It's so easy to just slap on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, or a sun dress for Chlo, then add some sandals, and head off to the store, just like that.  Winter is such a pain, especially the SUPER cold days because the have to have multiple layers plus a jacket, hat, and gloves.  Oh and then I have to locate socks...matching socks at that.  Then you have to take their jacket on and off everytime you get in and out of the car because it's unsafe for them to wear a bulky jacket in the carseat which makes a day full of errands and multiple stops just complete chaos.

1 comment: