Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Potty Project-"Potty Princess" Part IV Poop In My Butt

Mission: Potty Training
Mission Target: Chloe Poston
Mission Status: In progress...

I'm so freakin' excited right now!  Chloe JUST pooped on the potty! Ah!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for her to do it and I know if she could just poop on there ONE time she'd get the hang of it and start doing it all the time.  I just didn't know how to get her do it though.  The other day I suggested to Josh that we just let her go naked, but he was too concerned that she'd pee on the floor.  We'll Daddy is back to work today so Mommy is in charge *insert evil laugh* so I went ahead and let her go naked.  I've been making sure all morning to get her to the potty as often as possible to avoid any peeing on the floor and she's done great.  No pee accidents at all. 

Now like I said in my last blog she always poops in the morning, so I've been watching all morning for any signs, but the morning slowly came and went. I was beginning to get concerned that maybe she had to poop, but was holding it in.  I was even considering putting a Pull Up back on her because I didn't want her stomach to get upset from holding in poop, but she didn't seem uncomfortable in anyway, so I thought I'd give it a little longer, and...

I was right.  She came up to me a few minutes ago pulling on my arm saying, "Mommy, Mommy" like she wanted something, but she didn't say what.  Just as I was about to ask her what she needed I smelled something...  poop.  My first thought was that she had pooped somewhere and it was on her dress, but her dress was still clean.  Then I realized it was a fart. She had just farted.  The sign I've been waiting for!  So I asked, "Chloe do you need to poop?"  Now everytime I ask her this she ALWAYS says "No" without fail, but this time she didn't say "No".  She just looked confused, so I asked her again and she started grabbing her butt cheek, so I picked her up to take her to the potty and asked, "Sissy do you have poop in your butt?" to which she finally replied, "YES!  Poop in my butt!" and continued to grab her butt.  (Sometimes it's all about asking the questions in a way your kids will understand LOL)

I set her on the potty and walked out to get toilet paper and before I even got back to the door she was shouting, "I POOP ON THE POTTY!  I POOP ON THE POTTY!" And low and behold there was poop in the potty!  Yes!  She asked to dump it out and then said, "Poop all gone" LOL

Oh my gosh!  I know it sounds a little silly, but I'm so freakin' stoked right now!  Sometimes it's just the littlest things that make being a parent so worth while!  I'm so proud of her!  I hope this is the little boost of confidence she needs to get through PT Boot Camp for good!

Go Chloe!  We're so proud of you Princess!

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO CHLOE! I'm so envious!! Great job Chloe and Mommy!

    ReplyDelete